What Makes a Great Integrator
A weak integrator will ruin all your plans as a founder.
(For Integrator, insert also Ops Manager, Ops Director, Business Manager.)
- They’ll get bogged down in the day to day, unable to effectively delegate. This enables team members to coast, while wasting your most expensive resource.
- They’ll regularly get overwhelmed, meaning they can’t take on any of the big projects that will actually move the needle.
- They won’t be able to have the difficult people conversations, which will result in the team members who are seriously costing you will stay longer than they should and continue their negative impact.
- Your meeting culture will be ineffective, wasting lots of time and demoralising everyone.
- Objectives won’t be achieved, projects won’t be completed and you won’t grow in the way you could.
On the other end of the spectrum, here’s what you need in a great Integrator:
- They know themselves and what they want. They know what they’re great at and where their weak areas are.
- They can say no and mean it. They understand and can uphold boundaries.
- They know which battles to fight and which to concede, keeping their eye on the vision and overall objectives.
- They’re superb implementers, but won’t get stuck in the weeds.
- They know when to ask questions and when they’re digging for too much detail.
- They command respect.
- They’re ambitious – they want to be a part of something that is moving and impactful.
- They have energy about them.
- They can effectively challenge you as the founder.
- They understand accountability and can hold it.
- They’re hungry to learn.
You don’t just need someone who’s got ‘operational experience’ or who has been a CEO before.
You don’t just need someone of a certain age.
You don’t just need a CV.
You need someone who knows themselves and will allow you to get to know them. They’re excited to show you what they can do, and they can wholeheartedly align with your vision to move it forwards. What’s yours becomes theirs and you get to co-create this beautiful thing together.
The right person can make moves for you that you can’t even fathom right now.
The fastest a member of our team has solved an operational problem is 3 days. Seriously. 3 days.
The outcome? A £2m saving.
The increase in productivity that one of our leadership team clients confessed to recently, as a result of our work together? 80% increase.
This is what the right Integrator does. Makes things happen. Brings your vision to the ground. Gives you back your freedom to be who you are.
If that resonates, let’s talk.